Friday, September 23, 2011

How can I change my email address and have all my contacts forwarded to the new?

Im tryin to change my email address just to be a different name-instead of it being Lindsaydevl@yahoo I want it to be something else-but I don't want to lose my contacts. I recently changed a friends where when her address was changed it notified all her contacts of her new email address but I cant remember how to do itHow can I change my email address and have all my contacts forwarded to the new?Add a second Yahoo Mail address to the first - as an ALTERNATE account.



* Click the link below to get an extra email address for your existing account. Use it just as you would for your primary address (which of course you can still use). You can send and receive email from either address from the same Inbox.

http://edit.yahoo..com/config/list_alias



* When you add another name to the present account you will not lose anything - contacts, address list. Send an email to all your contacts with the new email address. If someone sends it to the old e-mail address, it will go to the same Inbox so you don't lose any messages. You do not need to inform anyone of the new address - there is a drop-down menu in From: where you can choose which address to use for sending from either account.



* To notify your contacts of the email change, click on Options %26gt; Mail Options %26gt; Accounts (left side), then click on Add or Edit. Go back and click on Mail again. Under Management, scroll down and click on Announce E-mail Address, compose a message, AND add your Contact List in the header (BCC). Click on Preview and Send.



* If you want to make your secondary email address as your primary address, you can click on Options %26gt; Mail Options %26gt; Account Information %26gt; Password again. Once in your account you will see E-mail Information. Click to designate which one you want as your primary, then click SAVE.
  • myspace commentes
  • deleted myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment