Monday, September 19, 2011

My MySpace page has been hacked! How did they change the email without the OK from me at my email address?

This is unbelievable! Has MySpace been compromised? You can't change the email address without a confirmation from the old email that your account is registered under! Has this happened to anyone else? Please help!My MySpace page has been hacked! How did they change the email without the OK from me at my email address?i believe you are correct, that it is not possible to change your myspace email address without using the confirmation code myspace sends to your email address, which suggests that your email account is compromised. perhaps that was the first account that was hijacked, and the myspace attack came later.



a couple of things to think about...



keyloggers:

you may have used a computer that had a %26lt;a href=%26quot;http://www.google.com/search?q=def?installed. since the last time you changed passwords for your email account and your myspace account, if you logged on to either one from a public, shared, or friends computer, your logon credentials may have been captured and made available to an unauthorized user. there are spyware/malware attacks that covertly install keyloggers, so this may have even happened on a machine that only you use [if it was infected].

generally you can test for a keylogger by typing a unique word and then searching for that word inside all files and folders (including hidden and system files). e.g. open browser to google.com, search for abc123phunnnny, close browser and search all files and folders that contain: abc123phunnnny. hopefully you won't find any.



cached credentials:

Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera are all capable of storing passwords for you as a convenience. If you have ever allowed your browser to store your password, it will be possible for anyone with access to that computer to automatically logon to any accounts for which the passwords are saved.



you should change your email password immediately, and do it from a machine that you know to be 'clean'.



you can then contact myspace help for assistance, and send them a 'salute' as per their faq http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseact



good luck :)My MySpace page has been hacked! How did they change the email without the OK from me at my email address?well.... unless ur password for myspace is the same as ur password for ur email... then my guess is one of ur friends or sumone who knows ur password did it.... i mean bc it had to of sent an email to ur email sayin all that stuff..... good luck with that hahaMy MySpace page has been hacked! How did they change the email without the OK from me at my email address?maybe the person also knows your email and checked it before you did?My MySpace page has been hacked! How did they change the email without the OK from me at my email address?The Most Likely Scenario: You went on your friend's hacked profile. You click on something which directed you to %26quot;sign back in.%26quot; You signed in....That's how they got your e-mail and password. now you probably just simply make a new profile. To prevent this from happening, if you try and sign back in to myspace, look at the address bar. It should begin with %26quot;myspace.com%26quot; or %26quot;login.myspace.com%26quot; as long as the web address looks legitimate.My MySpace page has been hacked! How did they change the email without the OK from me at my email address?are u sure they didnt get ur password?



well if u cant get back on it.

make a new one.

and do NOT give out ur email and password to any sites at all.My MySpace page has been hacked! How did they change the email without the OK from me at my email address?this wat u do change ur password and thats itMy MySpace page has been hacked! How did they change the email without the OK from me at my email address?you mean your account has been phished? that happened to me before, you can change your pw in your account settings or something.
  • find remote key bmw logo
  • work for data entry from
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment