Monday, September 19, 2011

Problesm for inscribing new members or changing email address?

I am a group moderator, and I knew that some people had difficulties to joint he group. Yesterday, I met two of them and we just took the opportunity to try to solve the problem. For one of the person, It was simply a change in the address: shifting from a yahoo to a hotmail.fr address. We went through the address verification procedure: everything seemed Ok, but it has not been taken into account.

The second person had difficulties to join. I invited her, then we did all the procedure for inscription, but again no apparent effect (her address is a orange.fr one).



What is the problem??



MadeleineProblesm for inscribing new members or changing email address?address change- most people forget step 2



go to this link- http://groups.yahoo.com/myprefs click add email address on top left- follow steps and confirm address.



then go to this link http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups click edit my groups on the top left- locate group (if there's more than one) under the column Email Address click the arrow for the drop down box and select new address- click save changes



you' need to better explain the invited person- invites are given 2 choices on how to join, with a Yahoo ID or the mailing list only. which did they choose?Problesm for inscribing new members or changing email address?Sorry, I don't have an answer; rather, I think I have the same problem.



I created a group a week ago, and have had only one (other) join. When I tried subscribing from another address (sirca.org.au) I eventually got a 'failed to send for X days' type bounce reply ie my email never reached yahoo. Another friend failed (completely silently) from tpg.com.au The only successful subscriptions were from gmail. Is yahoo using some sort of blacklisting perhaps?



Any help appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment