Friday, June 3, 2011

Is changing my email address (no forward) the easiest way to lose bulk garbage?

I have 2 addresses-one with Verizon cause I have thier DSL-but they only have room for blocking 50 senders. Yahoo has 500, but I am getting tired of deleting 20 bulk messages/day-let alone transferring the domains to the block list. (Obviously I am a rookie)I realize that I'll have to alert ALL the important contacts-is there an easier way out?Is changing my email address (no forward) the easiest way to lose bulk garbage?Don't register your real email address (verizon) with web sites like coke rewards or whatever goofy stuff you do. For that, use your yahoo address.



The spamers can't find you if they don't know your email address. Only give the real email address out to friends and places you do real business with, i.e. exchange money.



If you register for some dumb giveaway or something, odds are they are just collecting email addresses to sell to a spammer - so be smart about who/where/when you give out your real email address.



I've had the same comcast address for years, get very little spam. My yahoo email gets 100s of spams every day, but their filter gets 99.99% of it.Is changing my email address (no forward) the easiest way to lose bulk garbage?Open a Gmail account, they are virtually spam free. The only way you get spam is by signing up for crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment