Friday, June 3, 2011

Facebook issue. Changing email address.?

A question from my MIL--it's her facebook account



When I log on to facebook, I have an email alert at the top %26quot;Please update your email address. Our systems have detected that 123@something.net is no longer a valid email.%26quot;



So my work email address is being shut down in 3 weeks so I need to change it. I type in my new email address (which is @gmail.com) and it instantly says that is an invalid account. I've had issues with gmail before on other systems.



So I try to backdoor it and go to account settings, change email. This time I type in my new gmail email address and it says the email address is already registered to another account. Perhaps when I asked my assistant at work to help me.



So I did the search for friends. Typed in my email address to search for if I accidentally have 2 facebook accounts now and it says No results found with that email address.



utterly confused. any help here? is this a gmail problem? a facebook problem? facebook doesn't really have a department to help you solve bugs like most sites. Just a discussion forum and a help link that says most likely they won't reply to your email. I'd just like to update my email address.Facebook issue. Changing email address.?The problem may have arisen out of forgotten password.Similar problems were experienced by me when I joined facebook. and then forgot the details given to hem.so many times it happens that while retrieving password you have to answer hint question or secret information which you are knowing but cannot reproduce exactly in the same manner as yu had submitted earlier.E.G. you spell the name of yur grandfather in a different way, or your mother's maiden name is written in short and not as you had written while giving the information. In such cases facebook advises you to take a new identity.There is no harm in taking a second identity as I have done by adding my father's initial Some time letter you can try to revive the original identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment