Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I change the name on my email address without changing the account itself?

I have a little problem. On my email my name has my ex husbands last name. My boyfriend is having a little temper tantrum about it. Ive had this account for years and I'm signed into everything with this name. But I don't want his feelings to be hurt so I'd like to change the name on my email. Can someone help me with this. I tried to edit it but it only lets me edit everything but that. I dont want to open a new email, but if thats my only choice how do I close the other email so it doesn't exist?How do I change the name on my email address without changing the account itself?On your mail page, click on %26quot;options%26quot; in the upper right corner----then scroll to and click on %26quot;general preferences%26quot;.

Here at the top of that page you can change the name showing on the %26quot;from line%26quot; to anything you want---a nickname or an alias or whatever suits your fancy----then click %26quot;save%26quot; at bottom of page.



If you're using Beta mail---mail page%26gt;%26gt;options %26gt;%26gt;mail options%26gt;%26gt;accounts (side panel)%26gt;%26gt;add/edit an acct.%26gt;%26gt;select Yahoo mail (side panel)%26gt;%26gt;edit%26gt;%26gt;scroll to general preferences and change it and save it.

No comments:

Post a Comment