Friday, June 3, 2011

Changing email address - any tools to help migrate subscriptions, etc.?

My question is NOT dealing with yahoo email. I'm changing from a business to a residential plan with a major ISP (Cox), but this will require a change of my email address (as well as my wife's). Is there a quick way (or service) which makes it easier to maintain any/all subscriptions, memberships, logins (for credit cards, banks, airlines, hotel rewards programs, Facebook, MySpace, Amazon, Ebay, Delphi forums, game sites, etc. etc.) WITHOUT having to re-register with each one individually? Realistically, we probably have about 100-120 different %26quot;sites%26quot; where we have some kind of registration/password combinations established...and I do NOT want to have to re-set each one individually. And we don't want to lose any %26quot;history%26quot; that these sites may have (e.g. purchase records, etc.). WHAT CAN WE DO??? To make things worse, the cutoff of our current (old) account and startup of our new account will probably NOT overlap. Any advice???Changing email address - any tools to help migrate subscriptions, etc.?I feel for you because I encountered the same issue years ago and it was a major headache. Now I use a Gmail account and I can access my email from anywhere no matter who my ISP is. I created a folder with private info and when I create an account with someone that requires a username/password, I email that info to myself and place it in a folder for future reference. The best part is, I never have to worry about changing my email address when I move.

No comments:

Post a Comment