Thursday, November 25, 2010

My employer is changing my email address from which I moderate a group, how can I communicate this to Yahoo?

I moderate a profssional Yahoo group from my work email. That email address is now being changed by my employer. Is there a way to change my moderator email address or do I have to set up the group again from the new address?My employer is changing my email address from which I moderate a group, how can I communicate this to Yahoo?you don't create a new ID- you add a new e-mail to your current account:



go to this link- http://groups.yahoo.com/myprefs click add email address on top left- follow steps and confirm address.



then go to this link http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups click edit my groups on the top left- locate group (if there's more than one) under the column Email Address click the arrow for the drop down box and select new address- click save changesMy employer is changing my email address from which I moderate a group, how can I communicate this to Yahoo?make a Yahoo!ID on your new address, join the group with it. Then log into your old account and accept yourself to join the group and make yourself moderator. Then post a message to members that you're still there, only using another ID, and leave the group on your old address.



If you can't do this yourself (not all moderators have that power), ask the group owner to help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment