Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I want to change my email address, but continue to receive emails sent to my old address. Can I do this? How?

Basically, I want to change my email address to something a little easier for contacts to remember and phase out use of current email address. Is it possible to have correspondence that is sent to my current email address automatically forwarded to a new yahoo address?I want to change my email address, but continue to receive emails sent to my old address. Can I do this? How?You'd have to leave your old address active and forward your emails to your new address using the tools/options settings. Once you deactivate your old account anything sent to it will be lost and the person that sent it will get an error message.

If your old address is a yahoo account, you have to upgrade to mail plus for 20 bucks a year in order to forward emails.I want to change my email address, but continue to receive emails sent to my old address. Can I do this? How?No.

You can not change your E-mail address. You will have to open a new one. You can not forward mails from the old one to the new one. Just inform all of your contacts of your new E-mail address, so they all go to the new account. Then copy any data you want to keep from the old one and place it into the new one. Once you have all of that done, you can either use the old account as a throw-a-way account, or delete it.

No comments:

Post a Comment