Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do I change my email address, but still get my mail from the current email?

I am getting married in a month, (:)) and I want to change my email, since my current has my name in it, i would like my new to reflect my new name. But I still want to get email from my old address. How do I change my email address, but still get my mail from the current email?If the new name is available you can use an extra e-mail address that is linked to your ID. All e-mails will go into the same inbox.





1. Click Options in the upper-right corner of your Mail page.

2. Under “Management”, click Mail Addresses.

3. In the “Extra Email Address” section, click Get Started.

4. Either type whatever new address you’d like to try (we’ll tell you if it’s already taken), or use one of our suggestions on the right.

5. Click Choose.

Now your extra address appears in the list of Yahoo! Mail accounts shown on this page. To help prevent spamming, we only allow you to change your extra address twice in one year.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/cl…



To make the address your default you need to do this.

1. Click Options in the upper-right corner of the page and select Mail Options.

2. Under “Management”, click Mail Addresses.

3. In the list of addresses, click your extra address.

4. In the box to the right, next to “Sending Mail”, click Make Default.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/cl…



For the All New Mail.

1. Click the options.

2. On the left had side click the accounts.

3. Go down to extra mail address.

4. Click the get started.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/ya…



If you are using the All New Mail this is how you make it your default address.

1. Click Options in the upper-right corner of your Mail page and select Mail Options.

2. From the list on the left, click Accounts.

3. Click Add or edit an account.

4. Select your extra mail address from the list on the page by clicking it.

5. Click Make Default in the box on the right.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/ya…

No comments:

Post a Comment